Trusted Resources: People & Places
Healthcare providers, researchers, and advocates
Children’s of Albama – Muscular Dystrophy Care Center1600 7th Avenue South
McWane Building, Clinic 6
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
The Muscular Dystrophy Clinic at Children’s of Alabama offers a multidisciplinary team approach in the diagnosis, treatment and continuing care of children with neuromuscular diseases. Supported in part by the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), we provide comprehensive medical care to a variety of neuromuscular illnesses.
Each year, we care for more than 200 patients from around the southeast with a wide range of neuromuscular disorders including:
• Becker Muscular Dystrophy (BMD)
• Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT)
• Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)
• Congenital Muscular Dystrophy
• Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
• Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy
• Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy (FSHD)
• Friedrich’s Ataxia
• Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
• Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy
• Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
The SMA France National Registry: Already Encouraging ResultsSpinal muscular atrophy is a debilitatin...
New Treatment Can Help Fresno Infant With Rare Genetic DisorderA Fresno family is holding onto hope aft...
Neurogenic Arthrogryposis and the Power of PhenotypingIn this article we review the commonest ...
Kathie Bishop, PhDKathie Bishop is a Ph.D level neuroscien...
Megan A. Waldrop, MDMegan Waldrop, MD, is a Pediatric Neurol...
Nusinersen for Spinal Muscular Atrophy in the United States: Findings From a Retrospective Claims Database AnalysisSpinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is a rare,...
Anne M. Connolly, MDAnne M. Connolly, MD, is the Chief of th...