Trusted Resources: People & Places
Healthcare providers, researchers, and advocates
Children’s of Albama – Muscular Dystrophy Care Center1600 7th Avenue South
McWane Building, Clinic 6
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
The Muscular Dystrophy Clinic at Children’s of Alabama offers a multidisciplinary team approach in the diagnosis, treatment and continuing care of children with neuromuscular diseases. Supported in part by the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), we provide comprehensive medical care to a variety of neuromuscular illnesses.
Each year, we care for more than 200 patients from around the southeast with a wide range of neuromuscular disorders including:
• Becker Muscular Dystrophy (BMD)
• Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT)
• Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)
• Congenital Muscular Dystrophy
• Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
• Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy
• Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy (FSHD)
• Friedrich’s Ataxia
• Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
• Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy
• Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
Megan A. Waldrop, MDMegan Waldrop, MD, is a Pediatric Neurol...
Brian G. Smith, MD, FAAP, FAOADr. Smith became the Chief of the Divisi...
How One Mother Is Raising Awareness for Spinal Muscular Atrophy – A Leading Genetic Cause of Infant DeathWhen Nicole Clark’s son Brady was born...
Thomas Crawford, MDDr. Tom Crawford has been a member of th...
Living With Adult Spinal Muscular AtrophyMark Aldrich is a sharp, thoughtful 52-y...
The SMA France National Registry: Already Encouraging ResultsSpinal muscular atrophy is a debilitatin...
SMA Type 2 – Looking After Your Child Who Has Had a Recent DiagnosisOne of the first questions many families...