Trusted Resources: People & Places
Healthcare providers, researchers, and advocates
Seattle Children’s Hospital – Spinal Muscular Atrophy4800 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, Washington, United States
Seattle Children’s Neuromuscular Program offers the most comprehensive care in the Pacific Northwest for children with spinal muscular atrophy.
• We have been named an SMA Care Center by CureSMA and an MDA Care Center by the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Both are leading advocacy groups for people with SMA.
• Our dedicated team – doctors, nurse practitioners, therapists, dietitians, genetic counselors and social workers – has expertise and experience in diagnosing and treating SMA.
• Seattle Children’s brings together pediatric specialists from Rehabilitation Medicine, Neurology and Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine to evaluate your child’s unique needs.
• If your newborn is critically ill due to spinal muscular atrophy, we provide specialized care in our Neuro NICU – the only neonatal neurocritical care program in Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho.
• We design and provide care to help your child and family manage SMA and to give your child the best possible function and quality of life, now and as they grow.
• Seattle Children’s provides a full range of treatments, from medicines, therapy and equipment, to respiratory support and orthopedic surgery.
Family, Healthcare Professional, and Societal Preferences for the Treatment of Infantile Spinal Muscular Atrophy: A ...Aim: To understand the factors that most...
The Antisense Oligonucleotide Nusinersen for Treatment of Spinal Muscular AtrophySpinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is a rare,...
UW Health – Spinal Muscular AtrophyOur UW Health Kids experts are national ...
What It Is Like to Have a Rare Disease. How Clinical Trials Changed My Life?When I was about 1, I started walking wi...
Nusinersen for Spinal Muscular Atrophy in the United States: Findings From a Retrospective Claims Database AnalysisSpinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is a rare,...
Spine Surgery Effective in SMA Type 1 Children, But Not Without RisksSurgery to correct kyphoscoliosis — a ...
New Treatment Can Help Fresno Infant With Rare Genetic DisorderA Fresno family is holding onto hope aft...