Trusted Resources: Education
Scientific literature and patient education texts
10 Tips to Get the Most Out Your Health Insurance Tip Sheet
source: The Patient Advocate Foundation Resource Library
As we all know, healthcare can be expensive. So, we have put together some tips to help you use your benefits wisely and get the most value for your money where healthcare is concerned.
As a complementary document to PAF’s Health Insurance Education Series, this tip sheet offers 10 tips to help you get the most out of your health insurance.
· Choose the right health insurance policy for you and your family
· Understand the basic structure of your policy
· Stick with in-network providers at every opportunity
· Shop around for the best price for a procedure, test or other scheduled care
· Be sure you understand your right to appeal if care is denied by your health insurance
· See if your medications come in a generic form
· Compare your explanations of benefits (EOB) to your medical bill before you pay it
· Utilize any programs, discounts and benefits your health insurance policy offers
· Make sure all your personal information is correct with your providers and the insurance company
· Use hospital emergency rooms for medical emergencies onlyread more
Spinal Muscular Atrophy With Predominant Lower Extremity (SMA-LED) With no Signs Other Than Pure Motor Symptoms at t...Background: Mutations in the cytoplasmic...
SMA Angels Charity – Facebook100% Volunteer, 501 (c)(3) non-profit de...
Pediatric Spinal Muscular AtrophyWhat is spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)?Sp...
SMA Type 1 – Looking After Your Child Who Has Had a Recent DiagnosisThe aim of everyone involved in your chi...
Every Day You Don’t Lose, You Are WinningJennifer Summers, 35, is an optimistic, ...
Jerry R. Mendell, MDJerry R. Mendell, MD, is an Attending Ne...
5q Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Webinarhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9YpaTJO...